miyanoura dake

miyanoura dake

taking a rest

taking a rest

emerging from the forest

emerging from the forest

magical forest

magical forest

gnarly stump

gnarly stump

Saturday, January 2, 2010

home again

It's 2:30 a.m. on January 3rd. I should be in bed: today I traveled from Thailand to Korea all day and I'm exhausted, but I wanted to post photos on Facebook and my blog tonight. Tomorrow I have to make lesson plans for my extra "intensive" winter class (Basically, in January I'll have no life).
So now it just remains for me to say a few words about the remainder of the trip before I crash. Cambodia was amazing, both for the temples which I already mentioned and for other reasons, such as having delicious food - including the most delicious little bananas I've ever tasted.

Maria and I spent the day on December 29th traveling from Cambodia to Ko Chang, Thailand where we had reserved a spot at an inexpensive beach resort. Three days was too short to be there, but it was still fun being there for New Year's, doing some snorkeling and island hopping for a day, and just relaxing by the beach. Everything is so cheap in Thailand compared to Korea and other places. I got a great 1-hour Thai massage for about $7.50! Well, for the moment I have nothing else profound to say. I hope you enjoy my photos!

2 comments:

  1. I love the photos Ted! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too love the photos, and reading this blog I can hear you speak the words. I hope to read (and see) more when you have a life again (in February, maybe?).

    David S

    ReplyDelete